Tis the season, and you want to encourage your students join in the holiday spirit and give back. Create a duel benefit situation by taking some of the team bonding events we all like to incorporate into the year and making a difference together.
Benefits? Bringing the dancers together as a group to help and support their community and teaching them how good it feels to bring a smile to someone when they need it the most.
Here is a few of our favorite ideas:
- Donate time at a food kitchen.
- Help delver meals for a community Thanksgiving.
- Organize a toy drive with gift wrapping service – with every new toy donated, get a free gift wrap service for your personal items
- Donate time wrapping gifts for your local Toys for Tots or toy giving foundation in your area
- Create ornaments to give to nursing home residents
- Bake cookies and give to community service members, police, firefighters, medical personnel, etc
- Create small holiday combo, visit children’s shelters to teach it
- Go “caroling” but dance instead but if you have some singers though, make it a show choir routine. (Make sure to visit nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and anywhere that may not get the chance to see a performance elsewhere)
Stay thankful, stay grateful, and keep shining!