As studio owners, you are wearing more hats than most people could even imagine. You are teachers, entrepreneurs, bosses, 9-5 employees, coaches, mentors, friends, caregivers, parents, spouses…. do we need to go on?
You are doing so much for others, right now its time to think about what you’ve done for yourself. We all know the sayings, “Can’t pour from an empty cup” and “put on your own mask before assisting others”. They all share the same message, how can you possibly continue on giving so much of yourself when you neglect your own self-care.
And right now, your dealing with an unprecedented situation. Stressors and anxieties that dance owners of our generations have never seen. Now is the time to take a step back, look at how you are caring for you, and make the changes needed to make sure that you stay the amazing dance bosses you are!
So that leads to these 30 magical, wonderful, rejuvenating self-care to-do’s. Every single one can be done from home (or be adjusted to do at home) and are LOW TO NO COST. That means, NO EXCUSES PEOPLE!
- Get enough sleep, but not too much. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- Find a relaxing yoga routine or an empowering workout online to do. Better yet, DO BOTH.
- Take the time to watch a favorite show or series. The classics such as I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke are great for some belly laughs.
- Declutter and reorganize. Focus on your favorite room or where you spend the most time. Create a space you’re happy to be in.
- Compliment a stranger. AMAZING happiness boost!
- Take a long relaxing hot bath or shower with essential oils.
- Write 10 things your grateful for. Yes, WRITE IT DOWN.
- Create a vision board and DREAM BIG.
- Meditate. This can be as simple as deep breathing, or find something to guide you i.e. YouTube, Podcasts, Aps
- Drink lots of water and eat healthy foods
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook, focus on positive messages and encouraging meanings. We created a special list of our favs at the bottom of this blog 🙂
- Create a positive affirmation for yourself, and put it where you get a reminder daily. Sticky notes everywhere is an AWESOME reminder!
- Plan a future trip
- Find a healthy new recipe to try at home, and sit down to savor it.
- Slow down, just sit and enjoy the stillness.
- Moderately indulge in your favorite treats. Chocolate, check. Wine, check. Cheese, check. Ahhhh….
- Make a list of 10 things of things you love about yourself.
- Move daily. Just 30 minutes of moving around each day. There are so many ways to accomplish this.
- Read. Reread your favorite book or find a new book to enjoy. Don’t forget to check that list at the bottom!!
- Accomplish a goal, big or small.
- Be kind to someone. We all need this right now.
- Take a tech break. Unplug for a day, your whole family can join you.
- Visit, FaceTime, Zoom, or call your best friend
- Treat yourself to an at home mani/pedi
- Take a news break. It’s okay to turn that off for a bit.
- Learn something new. Not only will you know something new, but you challenged yourself, and accomplished something. Multi benefit self-care….
- Take a 30 minute walk outside.
- Get a massage OR give yourself an at home equivalent with a foam roller. Check out YouTube for some full body foam rolling. Your muscles will thank you.
- Write something, anything. Set a timer and just put pen to paper.
- Laugh, play, get active, HAVE FUN!!
It’s time to get going. It’s time to give yourself the care you need to keep pushing through the adversity. It’s time to prove to yourself that YOU ARE IMPORTANT TOO!
Books and AudioBooks to give yourself a mental lift. Get to the library and this is a zero cost effort. Keep an eye out for audiobook deals; you can often find GREAT prices and these are a great way to obtain the information.
Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
Girl, Stop Apologizing – Rachel Hollis
The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relive Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking – SJ Scott
How to Stop Feeling Like S**t: 14 Habits Holding You Back From Happiness – Andrea Owen
Get Your S**t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need To Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do – Sarah Knight
The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness – Jeff Olson
How to Be Happy When Life Treats Your Crappy – Margaret Lashley
Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**k – Mark Manson
You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting – Jen Sincero
You Are A Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable – Jen Sincero
The School of Greatness – Louis Howe
The Resilience Breakthrough: 27 Tools for Turning Adversity into Action
Podcasts we love! These are FREE… completely. So why not check them out. *we love a BUNCH more, but these are relevent for today 🙂
The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Happier with Gretchen Rubin
The Mindful Kind
That’s So Maven
The Hardcore Self Help Podcast: Self-help for People Who Hate Self-Help
I Am. I Have
The Struggle Bus
Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso